Today I found this nice tool: https://github.com/canthefason/go-watcher
You can run it inside a folder that contains your Go files, by executing
It builds the application, and when you change any of the files it recompiles it again. Very handy especially for API services that need to be restarted every time you change something.
There are many options you can customize, including running it inside a Docker container.
More go tutorials:
- Go Best Practices: Pointer or value receivers?
- Go tutorial: REST API backed by PostgreSQL
- Using environment variables in Go
- Go, how to watch changes and rebuild your program
- Debugging Go with VS Code and Delve
- Go Data Structures: Queue
- List the files in a folder with Go
- Comparing Go Values
- Go Variadic Functions