How to print the percentage character using `printf()` in C
Learn how to print the percentage character using `printf()` in C
When writing a C program you might have the need to print the
% percentage character using
Perhaps you are working on a program that calculates percentages, which is kind of common when you’re just learning the language and you’re creating small programs.
How do you do so?
If you try to use it like this:
it will not work, and the compiler will give you a warning like
hello.c:9:14: warning: incomplete format specifier [-Wformat] printf("%"); ^ 1 warning generated.
and it is not printed.
To make it work, you need to write
%%, like this:
THE VALLEY OF CODE
THE WEB DEVELOPER's MANUAL
You might be interested in those things I do:
- Learn to code in THE VALLEY OF CODE, your your web development manual
- Find a ton of Web Development projects to learn modern tech stacks in practice in THE VALLEY OF CODE PRO
- I wrote 16 books for beginner software developers, DOWNLOAD THEM NOW
- Every year I organize a hands-on cohort course coding BOOTCAMP to teach you how to build a complex, modern Web Application in practice (next edition February-March-April-May 2024)
- Learn how to start a solopreneur business on the Internet with SOLO LAB (next edition in 2024)
- Find me on X