With VS Code you have the ability to customize your spaces vs tabs preference, like in any editor, and also the option to choose how many spaces should a tab take.
Different languages however might require different settings.
Go on the other hand wants 8 spaces.
How to deal with this?
You can add language-specific settings into the VS Code preferences file (opened with
This is an example that uses different settings for JS, CSS, HTML and Go files:
More devtools tutorials:
- Configuring VS Code
- An Emmet reference for HTML
- A short and simple guide to Babel
- Using node-webkit to create a Desktop App
- Configuring the macOS command line
- A list of cool Chrome DevTools Tips and Tricks
- Keep your code clean with ESLint
- Introduction to Yeoman
- Overview of the Browser DevTools