Signup to the waiting list!
I was working on a Git branch that was not up to date with changes I was doing on another branch.
So, I had to incorporate those changes. Given a Git branch that’s not up to date with another branch, how do you merge the changes?
You checkout the branch you want to update:
git checkout my-branch
and you merge from the branch you want to update from:
git merge another-branch
This will create a merge commit, which will include all the differences between the 2 branches - in a single commit.
Also check my Git guide.
More git tutorials:
- A Git Cheat Sheet
- Git workflow to manage work on multiple branches
- An easy way to handle Git subrepositories
- An incomplete list of great Git tutorials
- A developer's introduction to GitHub
- The complete Git guide
- How to discover a bug using git bisect
- How to make your first Pull Request on GitHub
- How to update a Git branch from another branch
- I posted my password / API key on GitHub
- Squashing Git commits
- How to remove a Git remote