Take screenshots as JPG on macOS
I take tons of screenshots on my Mac using the key combination
cmd-shift-4 and after I switched from my old Apple Cinema Display which wasn’t retina to the new Studio Display which is 5K I noticed the size of some screenshots was HUGE.
macOS by default uses PNG as the format for screenshots, and depending on what it’s in the screenshot, you can have like 10MB screenshots very easily.
Run this command in the terminal:
defaults write com.apple.screencapture type jpg
This will make the screenshots use JPG for the format, which will be much more lightweight.
THE VALLEY OF CODE
THE WEB DEVELOPER's MANUAL
You might be interested in those things I do:
- Learn to code in THE VALLEY OF CODE, your your web development manual
- Find a ton of Web Development projects to learn modern tech stacks in practice in THE VALLEY OF CODE PRO
- I wrote 16 books for beginner software developers, DOWNLOAD THEM NOW
- Every year I organize a hands-on cohort course coding BOOTCAMP to teach you how to build a complex, modern Web Application in practice (next edition February-March-April-May 2024)
- Learn how to start a solopreneur business on the Internet with SOLO LAB (next edition in 2024)
- Find me on X