Astro, prerendering a single component in a SSR page
I had a server-rendered Astro page and I was doing a quite intensive calculation on it. It ran on every page load.
So I used a partial (🆕 in Astro 3.4) and set the
prerender flag on it:
--- export const prerender = true export const partial = true ---
Then I included this partial client-side using HTMX (you could also just use a
fetch() request and swap some innerHTML too).
THE VALLEY OF CODE
THE WEB DEVELOPER's MANUAL
You might be interested in those things I do:
- Learn to code in THE VALLEY OF CODE, your your web development manual
- Find a ton of Web Development projects to learn modern tech stacks in practice in THE VALLEY OF CODE PRO
- I wrote 16 books for beginner software developers, DOWNLOAD THEM NOW
- Every year I organize a hands-on cohort course coding BOOTCAMP to teach you how to build a complex, modern Web Application in practice (next edition February-March-April-May 2024)
- Learn how to start a solopreneur business on the Internet with SOLO LAB (next edition in 2024)
- Find me on X