If you run a container using
docker run and it immediately exits and every time you press the Start button in Docker Desktop it exits again, there is a problem.
The way to figure out what is wrong is to run
docker logs, adding the name of the container at the end:
You can also click the Container name in Docker Desktop, and it will show a list of logs:
In this case after a quick Google search I realized I used a single quote in my CMD command.
Note that to fix problems like this, you need to remove the container, but also delete the image and rebuild it.
More docker tutorials:
- How to commit changes to a Docker image
- Updating a deployed container based on a Docker image
- Introduction to Docker Containers
- Working with Docker Images from the command line
- First steps with Docker after the installation
- Introduction to Docker
- Introduction to Docker Images
- Create a simple Node.js Hello World Docker Container from scratch