psql, you always have one active database, where you are “into”. By default it’s the one you connect to in the first place. When you run:
you’ll connect to the
To switch database, use the
\connect command, or
PostgreSQL will close the connection to the previous database you were connected to, and will connect to the new one you specified.
More database tutorials:
- MySQL User Permissions
- How to switch database using PostgreSQL
- Creating a user on MySQL
- How to install PostgreSQL on macOS
- Introduction to SQL
- How to list all databases using PostgreSQL
- How to install MySQL on macOS
- What is a Database? And a DBMS?
- Relational Algebra