How to reset a form
A common need on a Web page that contains a form is to reset it to the original state.
I think that some time ago many forms had a “reset” button, although now I see it being used less and less.
The reset button is an
input element with
All you need is the form element reference:
const form = document.querySelector('form')
and then you can call the
reset() method on the it:
This will clear all the elements in the form, restoring them to the original state.
THE VALLEY OF CODE
THE WEB DEVELOPER's MANUAL
You might be interested in those things I do:
- Learn to code in THE VALLEY OF CODE, your your web development manual
- Find a ton of Web Development projects to learn modern tech stacks in practice in THE VALLEY OF CODE PRO
- I wrote 16 books for beginner software developers, DOWNLOAD THEM NOW
- Every year I organize a hands-on cohort course coding BOOTCAMP to teach you how to build a complex, modern Web Application in practice (next edition February-March-April-May 2024)
- Learn how to start a solopreneur business on the Internet with SOLO LAB (next edition in 2024)
- Find me on X