Fish Shell, how to remove the welcome message
How to remove the “HWelcome to fish, the friendly interactive shell” message in Fish Shell
I had this “problem”.
When I opened my shells, I had these 3 lines show up every time.
It’s a Fish Shell default.
I wanted to remove them.
Here’s how I did it.
Where I had this content:
if status is-interactive # Commands to run in interactive sessions can go here end fish_add_path /opt/homebrew/opt/node@16/bin
And I added
set fish_greeting "" at the bottom:
if status is-interactive # Commands to run in interactive sessions can go here end fish_add_path /opt/homebrew/opt/node@16/bin set fish_greeting ""
Here’s my prompt now:
THE VALLEY OF CODE
THE WEB DEVELOPER's MANUAL
You might be interested in those things I do:
- Learn to code in THE VALLEY OF CODE, your your web development manual
- Find a ton of Web Development projects to learn modern tech stacks in practice in THE VALLEY OF CODE PRO
- I wrote 16 books for beginner software developers, DOWNLOAD THEM NOW
- Every year I organize a hands-on cohort course coding BOOTCAMP to teach you how to build a complex, modern Web Application in practice (next edition February-March-April-May 2024)
- Learn how to start a solopreneur business on the Internet with SOLO LAB (next edition in 2024)
- Find me on X