Born as a simple way to manipulate documents in the browser, over the years it became the most popular programming language in the world, and now runs everywhere.
First, dive into the introductory guide to the language, and dive into the overview of the “latest and greatest” additions to the language. It’s useless to learn the “old way” of doing things when in the last 3 years how we all use the language changed so much.
- The ECMAScript 2015-2017 Guide
Basics of the language
- Strict Mode
Some more advanced topics before you go ahead to learn something new
The Web Platform
Cookies, localStorage, the History API, Fetch, Cache, Service Workers, it’s all explained in the Web Platform APIs Guide. Lots of things in there!
- How to trim the leading zero in a number
- How to replace all occurrences of a string
- How to check if an object property is undefined
- How to append an item to an array
- How to remove a property from an object
- How to get the current timestamp
- How to convert a string to a number
- How to format a number as currency
- How to uppercase the first letter of a string
- How to deep clone an object
- How to remove an item from an array
- How to check if a string contains a substring
Also, check out my Vue course